Thursday, March 01, 2007

Shartkozawa - Post Ride updates, video

A couple updates.

One rider Dominique rode with a spectacular bruise on his left side. He mentioned it before the ride but it didn't seem like a big deal. After the ride (where he incidentally stayed with the front group), he asked for a "third opinion" (after his opinion and his wife's opinion). My eyeballs almost fell out of my head as it looked like someone put a baseball under his skin and painted him with a pot of purple and yellow paint.

My reaction wasn't unique. I had him show the bruise to other guys and you could see their eyes actually widen as they took in the damage.

It had been eight days since he actually fell on it. So we all voted he should see a doctor. The report? He'll be okay. There's a chance the "blood ball" (is that a technical term?) may have to be scooped out during a medical procedure.

Yuck.

In other news, I woke up this afternoon at about 2 after calling in sick and trying to read a bit in bed. After answering the phone a lot (it woke me up) and eating a bit, I decided to put up the Shart video. Very short, my first vid, my first YouTube upload, I hope you like it. It's quite generic using Windows Movie Player.



So there it is. Enjoy.

3 comments:

GMF said...

Congrats on getting the first video up. I have to say, though, that that looks mighty cold from here in San Diego...fr

Anonymous said...

cool! post more videos!

Aki said...

ha I didn't until I read the comment on "Why I race". Took me a while to figure out dj, but as it used to be s now I know. btw I get notified on each comment that goes up, regardless of post age.